Stanbic’s Bank's Foreign Exchange (FX) team comprises innovative and experienced staff with a broad skill set catering to a diversified international and domestic client base. We provide our clients with a full suite of products, across both standardised and customised solutions, to meet all their needs. Cross-border transactions are subject to foreign exchange regulations and exposure to the risks of fluctuating currencies. Stanbic Bank's representation and experience in emerging markets, and our presence in all major financial centres, enables us to deliver a 24-hour foreign exchange service which is sensitive to regulatory and risk factors in emerging markets globally.
Who we are
- Standard Bank is a leading market maker in the South African Rand (ZAR). We also trade all major currencies as well as numerous African and other emerging markets currencies.
- We ensure that our clients always have access to our expertise and market knowledge, and to our dedicated customer-focused teams through electronic, telephonic and personal interaction.
- We provide our clients with access to our 24-hour internal trading capability.
- Our commitment to pricing and liquidity is evident through our large client base as well as our market share as a leading flow house in Africa .
- Dedicated Global Markets Sales Managers provide a single point of entry into Standard Bank's Global Market's services, competencies and expertise.
- We have on-the-ground experts in 30 dealing rooms across the globe, providing specialist knowledge of their local markets.
- We provide a suite of electronic forex trading solutions that enable online dealing.
International banking Foreign Exchange
The integration of FX Trading into International Banking is another way we are making your foreign exchange experience simple and efficient. International Banking Foreign Exchange (IBFX) helps to make the foreign payment process more manageable with an easy to use, simple platform. The platform allows you to conveniently initiate and track payments anywhere, anytime. You are able to secure spot rates instantly and guard against exchange rate volatility.
Create your payments on the international banking system and execute your foreign exchange transactions seamlessly and securely on one system.
IBFX combines the benefits of International Banking and FX Trading:
- Easy set up
- Seamless processing of international cash requirements
- Competitive rate
- Secure platform that enables segregation of duties and individual limits
- Real-time dealing
- Electronic Balance of Payments (BOP) form
- Fast and reliable
- Integration with main stream accounting packages
- Historic search
Our FX e-Channel offering includes functionality encompassing all aspects of the foreign exchange cycle where an electronic interface is used.
While the benefits associated with using FX e-Channels are, to a degree, dependent on the nature of your business, there are broad benefits to be gained by all participants in the foreign exchange market:
- Real-time dealing and execution
- Streaming of rates
- Deal management
- Indicative rates
- Trading from any internet-based computer
- Archive search and record of historical and related deals
- Limit orders, including stops, linked and profit-take
- Price transparency and consistency
- Online confirmation
FX e-Channels allows your entire transaction process to be presented in a clear and concise manner that fully empowers you to make informed decisions on the relevant transactions. By transacting electronically, a clear audit trail is established and immediately available making it easy for clients to review past transactions, pricing and associated details.
- Trading capabilities in all major currencies, including G10, numerous African currencies as well as many other emerging market currencies
- Trading in Renminbi (RMB), the official currency of the People's Republic of China . Clients involved in cross-border trade with China can denominate their transactions with China in RMB, reducing risk for the importer/exporter, and potentially improving the competitiveness and stability of pricing
- Customised foreign exchange hedging solutions , including:
- Forwards (outright forwards and swaps)
- Options (listed and OTC)
- Structured solutions (listed and OTC) (Dependent on in-country regulatory conditions)
- Exchange traded foreign exchange hedging solutions, including:
- Currency futures
- Options on currency futures
- Currency reference warrants (Dependent on in-country regulatory conditions)
- 24-hour foreign exchange trading capabilities via our major trading hubs in Johannesburg, London and New York, with a night desk in Johannesburg to cover the Asian market session.
- Online electronic trading through our FX e-Channel solutions:
Our value-added services include :
- Providing historical foreign exchange rates
- Currency monitoring, hedging advice, technical analysis and economic research
- A foreign exchange relationship centre (FRC) that provides guidance and advice on the financial aspects of all international trading activities including foreign exchange risk management, foreign currency cash management, online dealing and payment solutions, exchange control and international trade payment mechanisms (please ensure different bullets for sub-sections)