Flexipay offers you as a parent, guardian or student a way to pay for school fees online, in the comfort of your own home.
What does it offer you as the parent or guardian?
- Convenience while paying school fees in the comfort of your home using your computer or mobile phone
- No standing in long branch queues
- Verification of the school and student name before paying, giving you added security
- Receive immediate notification of payment
- The school also receives immediate notification of payment
What does it offer the school?
- A free Flexipay platform accessible from anywhere using an internet connection
- Secure data management of student payments
- Real time notifications of payments made by students using any of our channels
- Management of payments, receipts, debtors and student statements
- Quick and easy reports from Flexipay for student details, payments, classes etc
- No need to print bankslips
- Automated reconciliations of school fees collections and the bank statements
Schools on Flexipay
Click here to view all schools on Flexipay
Goods and services
What is Flexipay For Business Owners/Merchants?
FlexiPay is a merchant payments platform that enables merchants to receive payments via mobile money from their customers with ease. Once setup, a Merchant will receive a merchant code which the merchant will display at their premises in order to let their customers know that they are FlexiPay ready. Customers will then use the code to pay the merchant for goods and services consumed and the funds will be deposited in the merchant’s bank account once the payment has been successfully completed.
FlexiPay was designed to allow merchants to move towards cashless transactions due to the various issues that arise from accepting physical cash at any location. These issues include, theft and leakages, insurance costs, management overheads, etc.
FlexiPay can be accessed through a simple mobile phone by an active merchant or any customer by simply dialing *290*1#. This will give the user access to the FlexiPay which they can use to carry out a number of functions which include.
- Checking the account balance
- Making a payment to another merchant
- Mini statement
- Transaction query
FlexiPay will provide merchants with the following advantages
- Mobile money payments – Customers who would like to pay with mobile money will no-longer be counted as a missed sale because they will have the ability to use it to pay for goods and services right within the merchant’s premises.
- Real-time sales tracking - The merchant will be able to track their sales in real-time using the web portal.
- Real-time liquidation - The merchant will have the ability to get their money sent into their bank account in real-time.
- Multiple sales points - Merchants with many sales points such as a petrol station or a super market, will be able to manage and track sales for multiple business locations from the head office in real-time.
- Referenced Payments - Merchants will be able to track payments from customers who require a reference when making a payment.
How does it work?
Once the merchant has signed up to the service, they will receive the following
- An Email containing the Login credentials for their account on the web portal.
- An SMS confirming their registration with account details.
- A merchant code, which shall be used by their customers to make payments to them e.g. 223344
The merchant code is a unique 6 digit number that is linked to a merchant’s account on Flexipay. This number is what customers will quote while making a payment in order to allow that the system to know which merchant to credit.
Merchant Web portal
The Merchant web portal is an online tool that the merchant will use to manage their account and carry out various activities such as;
- View and print reports – The platform allows merchants to View payments in real-time through a reporting tab on the portal. Merchants can also print reports in different formats.
- Create Tills – Till creation is a function developed for Merchants with multiple business locations or multiple sales points within a single location, that require a solution that can enable them to track and monitor the performance of each point independently. This is done by creating and assigning separate Till numbers for each sales point so that the customers who transact at a particular sales point can make the payment using the Till number assigned to that point.
- User management – The main Merchant administrator can use the online platform to add other admin management users who will have different access rights in order to perform different tasks. Such as report viewing, transaction querying, till creation and approval, etc.
Merchants may use their phones to access the FlexiPay menu as well. A merchant can carry out a limited number of useful tasks on the phone such as.
- Checking their balance
- Paying another merchant
- Viewing a mini-statement
- Checking for a customer’s transaction
This option is good for merchants who operate in the field and only have access to a mobile money.
Once a merchant is FlexiPay ready, their customers begin making payments to them using mobile money by simply dialing the FlexiPay USSD code as follows;
- The customer dials the Flexipay short-code *290*1# and they select ‘Pay Merchant’
- They select the ‘Goods and services’ option
- The selects then enter the merchant code e.g. 55778877
- The customer then enters the amount the wish to pay
- The platform then displays a confirmation page with the payment details
- Once confirmed, the customer is then prompted to approve payment via a mobile money pop-up.
After the payment has successfully completed, both the customer and the merchant will receive an SMS confirming the payment.